Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Any tips for making neat and precise knots in jewellery making? Beadalon knotter tool reviews?

I have just recently taken up beading. I am really enjoying making necklaces and bracelets but i find it tricky to make a neat knot close to the beads to stop them from moving about too much. I always seem to have a little gap between the knot and the beads. I have seen a Beadalon knotter tool and just wondered if anyone has ever used this? Are they worth the money as they are quite expensive? Any other tips/ tools i could try? Thanks!Any tips for making neat and precise knots in jewellery making? Beadalon knotter tool reviews?
I bought the tool you mention and found it too finicky and gave up. I bought a tweezers with needlepoint tips and use it much the same way as the needle method described by Willeke. I'm still not great at it but I guess practice makes perfect....actually I do more wire wrapping and rosary-style linking instead as I'm better at that....Any tips for making neat and precise knots in jewellery making? Beadalon knotter tool reviews?
I've been trying to use the Knotter tool, I've spent at least 7 hours trying to figure it out but can't.


I've asked for better instructions but the company never got back to me. It would be helpful if the Beadlon Company would give us video instructions for this complicated skill. Report Abuse

If you make an overhand knot between the beads (also called thumbknot here is a link to a picture: http://knopen.ismijnhobby.nl/tables/thum鈥?/a>


you can insert a needle in the knot before you close it.


With the needle you move it to where it needs to go and then you close it. The needle just slips out when the knot is tight, retighten the last little bit.





And to get the knot made, you mostly bring the beaded part of the string through the knot, not the yet to be filled part. That also makes it easier.
  • skincare acne
  • serum cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment