Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do I make a sympathic character without making him emo?

I want to make a sympathic character that makes people feel sorry for him but i dont want to go to far help me!How do I make a sympathic character without making him emo?
make him a little picked on kid, or a deep thinker, i read a book once where the main character was a really popular dude with friends and a great swimmer and rich family, who was on trial for his girlfriends murder, and he really really loved her, it made me cry, make it in touch with emotion and it will be greatHow do I make a sympathic character without making him emo?
Make the character as much like your readers as possible, make his conflict one that he did not create for himself, but one that is thrust upon him due to circumstances beyond his control. Readers are much more sympathetic to a normal guy facing overwhelming problems such as sickness, war , undeserved problems or defending the people he loves. We have little sympathy for the fabulously wealthy and beautiful that cause their own problems by being selfish.
Don't tell people anything about him. Show it by what he does or what happens to him.
There is no way at all, emos wear black, have their hair covering over one eye, always listen to death metal, and enjoy death and the sight of blood. If you wish to make a sympathetic character, try making bad things happen to that person involuntarily, just don't make it so that the character is like '; I HATE THE WORLD I HATE LIFE, I AM GOING TO CUT MYSELF';. Also, what is it for? A book? A story? what? :]

No comments:

Post a Comment