Sunday, December 27, 2009

When making canned salsa, can lime juice be used for the acid?

All I have seen are recipes that use vinegar or lemon juice. I know you have to add acid to prevent botulism, so I was wanting to know if I could use lime juice instead of lemon juice.When making canned salsa, can lime juice be used for the acid?
In short: Yes.





From what I have seen, lime juice is more common in salsa than lemon juice or vinegar.





If you prefer lime, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use it.When making canned salsa, can lime juice be used for the acid?
Just wanted to add that lime and lemon juices are MORE acidic then vinegar. You can always sub lemon or lime for vinegar, but not the other way. Lime juice tastes better anyway.





And always remember to use a safe, tested recipe and never increase the amounts of low acid foods:peppers, onions etc Report Abuse

Yes you sure can! Anytime a recipe calls for lemon juice and you prefer lime juice it is fine to use the lime juice.
sure you can
Yes- Actually it is preferred.
  • skincare acne
  • serum cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment