Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do I make sure the nori in my sushi doesn't get moist and bad tasting when making sushi?

Recently, I've been making sushi and the only problem is when I add the rice and filling onto the nori, the nori gets very soggy and not at all tasty. What can I do to stop this?How do I make sure the nori in my sushi doesn't get moist and bad tasting when making sushi?
maybe rice was too wet.or was still too hot.





after rice has cooked.add sugar,salt,vinegar what ever thing you add.


you need to let rice cool a bit.





traditionally


(I don't know how many people actuary doing this at house these days)


using hand fan( uchiwa) %26amp; stir rice to cool it down.





well 'stir' isn't right word.


like adding fluffed egg white in to base to make souffle move.





if rice is not the problem,nori it self is not fresh.


once open package,nori looses their freshness very quickly.


maybe you can toast nori before use.


so it will be crispy.


How do I make sure the nori in my sushi doesn't get moist and bad tasting when making sushi?
Yeah same with me! when u make sushi u obviously use warm rice to stick it. before you wrap it make sure you let the warm smoke or wat eva it called out first before you wrap it.





If you wrap it when it is still hot they will have a water come up to the sushi which make it all yucky
It's been a long time since I made sushi, but I'd take a guess that you are making your rice too wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment