Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How can I make a toddler dress by making a skirt that is attached to a tee shirt?

My granddaughter is sz 3. I have some nice long sleeved tees and some really cute holiday fabric. I'd like to make a skirt from the fabric and attach it to the tee shirt to make a holiday dress. How can I make a toddler dress by making a skirt that is attached to a tee shirt?
I have done this myself for my own daughters.


measure the bottom of the t shirt x the width by 1 1/2 times (if using 1 piece of fabric x this measurement by 3)


Cut out the fabric by this width x the length you require plus 1/2 inch each for hem and joins.


Hem the bottom of the fabric and join the seams together right sides facing.


Make a gathering stitch at the top by hand to required size. Adjust the gathers evenly and attach by pining to the t shirt and machining.


You now have a dress.


The band of fabric you attach can straight or you can make frills, trim with lace.


You can also add bands of the fabric to neck/sleeves if required. Add a pocket or motif cut from the pattern and appliqued


There are endless applications and they look cute.


You can do the same to your own as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment