Wednesday, December 23, 2009

When making Amish Friendship bread, is it possible to decrease the number of starters it makes?

I baked yesterday and the bread was really good; but I don't have enough friends to be giving away 3 starters every 10 days. I was wondering if, by decreasing the flour, sugar, and milk, I could have only 1 starter each time I bake.





Please don't answer unless you've tried this! Thanks!When making Amish Friendship bread, is it possible to decrease the number of starters it makes?
What I have done is simply thrown out the extras if I can't give it away. Also, I have frozen extra starters to use later.When making Amish Friendship bread, is it possible to decrease the number of starters it makes?
can u use an oven to make amish bread? I thought they dont use electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment