Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do I make my thermoses stop making my water taste like plastic?

I usually take a thermos to bed with me every night because I get really thirst. And most thermoses come in plastic. I mean those mugs with the snap on lids, not those huge ones with screw on lids you take on picnics.





I don't want to use a glass because the ice melts quickly.





Anyways, my water usually ends up tasting like plastic.How do I make my thermoses stop making my water taste like plastic?
Plastic leeches into whatever is being stored in it. There is a numbering system of plastic bottles...1 leeches the least and obviously the higher numbers leech the most. This is bad for you.





Go to the store and purchase a high quality thermos that offers a leech proof barrier. They will plainly state they do not leech. There is also a Swiss company that sells one. Either way you're going to pay about $13-15 dollars for it.





If you're getting that thirsty during the night, I would also suggest you get your blood sugar tested. That is an early sign of diabetes.How do I make my thermoses stop making my water taste like plastic?
Bye a stainless steel mug or thermos.
change the seal top frequently..and use only one product in a thermos..dont use the same one for tea coffee and water...they always taste funny when you do that

No comments:

Post a Comment