Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I am making pancakes and forgot to sift the dry ingredients. Will that make a big difference?

I never sift the dry ingredients although I do give them a good stir for 30 seconds or so just to distribute the baking powder, salt, and sugar well.





Anybody that told you to beat / stir them really well is way off base. When making pancakes, stirring as little as possible is the goal. Too much stirring works the gluten in the flour and makes for a tougher pancake.





The best pancake will be stirred only as much as necessary to incorporate the dry and liquid ingredients and then left to rest for an hour or more.I am making pancakes and forgot to sift the dry ingredients. Will that make a big difference?
Sifting merely blends the dry ingredients better than dumping everything into the bowl and beating it a bit.





They will be fine. Just make sure there are no lumps of anything or you will have a bad tasting spot.





Beat it a bit more so the batter is really smooth.I am making pancakes and forgot to sift the dry ingredients. Will that make a big difference?
You did just what I would have said. Stir and stir to make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed though the batter.
I don't even own a sifter. I just stir the dry ingredients together before combining them with the liquids.
Yes. Your Pancakes will be nasty now.
yes you will get clumpy pancakes
They will be fine, I never sift
no nt really but you mght get clumpy pankaces
no as long as you whisk it well
  • skincare acne
  • serum cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment