Wednesday, December 23, 2009

When making homeade cookies how do I make sure the ball of dough is the perfect size?

I always round out my dough balls too big and the cookie ends up huge but when I make smaller ones I feel like they're too small.Any tips to making the perfect cookie??When making homeade cookies how do I make sure the ball of dough is the perfect size?
I've always had that same problem until this last time I made cookies. I used a 1 T. measuring spoon %26amp; that seemed to be just the right size cookie for my family- not too big %26amp; not too small!When making homeade cookies how do I make sure the ball of dough is the perfect size?
about 1 1/2'; diameter is good
I roll the cookie dough in plastic wrap to make a perfect 1 or 11/2 inch thick cylinder shape. Put it in the fridge for a couple of hours then unwrap and cut into 1/2 inch or more slices.


Just like the premade cookie dough at the store.
12 cookies to a cup of dough is perfect.





If you have a restaurant supply company nearby you can get a #30 food disher, which is like a small ice cream scoop for about $9. It's totally worth it if you make a lot of cookies. You can also get them online for about $10-$15. Get the ones that look like an ice cream scoop not the ones with the weird handle.





When you put your cookies on the pan, look for the biggest and smallest cookie and adjust until it's hard to tell which is the biggest.





I use to make 2000 cookies a day by hand. I used a conveyor belt oven.
try mellon scoops (tupperware has different ones)...also an ice cream scoop...enjoy the cookies!
I like smaller cookies, but the size of a large walnut is a good guideline.
Cookie scoops! They come in many sizes and makes the process SO FAST!
A cookie scoop! Greatest thing to do with an icecream scoop. I have 5 in different sizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment